The group is mostly direct relatives and a few first cousins and offspring of my father's parents. This was from their wedding day. They are the couple in front.

Lots of kids, grand kids, etc. Add spouses and the park was full of relatives of every imaginable connection.

The bonus, was I got to see a dear Uncle from my mom's side as well.

I also was able to spend some quality time with the folks and a brother and sister-in-law or two! Always a bonus. Sitting and having dinner and conversation, especially when the conversation continues well into the evening, is the best way to spend time with the folks you love.

I was going through my pictures and thought I would add two others of my folks. The first is from the 60's.

This one is from their wedding day. They did something totally unique for their wedding, they had matching suits made. I have always thought that was pretty cool. And they look very sharp, hip and fabulous in their matching suits. What a great idea.

I hope I will get the opportunity to head to another reunion in the future. I have a couple of cousins I am good friends with and enjoy visiting with. Of coarse, seeing my brothers and sister-in-laws, along with my folks is a super blessing. I don't see them often as there are many miles between us, and at times there have been thousands of miles and many years between visits. I find them to be fascinating people and a delight to be acquainted with. Families are a blessing, the ones we come from and the ones we create for the future and the ones we marry into. I am in the middle of a vast line/pool that I share LOVE AND/OR DNA with. Family, you gotta love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment