I dragged out my mom's Bernina that she bought in 1987. Hard to believe that was 25 years ago. It is one of the last mechanical machines made by Bernina and I am SO glad she decided to pass it on to me rather than selling/giving it away to someone else. I have been asked to teach a young lady how to sew. My first foray into instruction. My girls were never interested, the oldest being a bookworm/scholar and the youngest, always dancing and playing sports. So I just happily sewed for them. Son never showed any interest either, but I would have been happy to teach him! This will be an awfully nice machine for learning. A workhorse and so well made. Easy to use and smooth as butter. I have been playing with it today to get the feel back. I may not put it away again, but then, I have taken over three rooms now. The sewing room, the guest room (where do I put all those supplies, fabrics and patterns?) and the dining room (where do I do all my cutting and organizing?). I have a very patient husband.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment