Pages

28 June 2012

Bernina Record with NO number!

Call me crazy, but that is really a great looking piece of machinery. Check out those cams!! That is the guts of a Bernina Record from 1974, a 38 year old machine that I found in the Hug-A-Bear closets at church today. I brought it home for some TLC and a little cleaning and oiling. I had no idea that our little group had that much real estate or a Bernina at our disposal, as it was my understanding that we had ONE little closet, not three. Two were clogged with "donations" that were really not suitable to our projects, and with the help of another in our group, we purged and organized. It was wonderful.

Today we had 11 servants show up and we stuffed and closed 151 bears. We also laughed and enjoyed one another's company and admired some lovely fabrics. We also had a little party in memory of our recently passed leader. We all miss J, and will carry on in her memory.

I am using my moms Bernina Record 930 along with my Pfaff. I used a Bernina Record 830 for about 25 years. This one is SO familiar, it's really cool. Even has the knee lever.

No comments: