Pages

13 June 2012

Labels

Recently I have sewn for several people and at least one has asked why I don't have a label inside. I have had labels that mom gave me in the past, but for the most part they are long gone. I have not found them to be readily available, at least not ones that appeal to me, so I started researching online for custom labels. I found some, but not interested in buying 500. I sew a lot, but come on. REALLY? That is for commercial production, I am a small personal "production" company. I sew for you if I love you, for the most part, and pray for you while I sew for you. Of coarse I pray for whoever comes to mind, so you are all included.

So, hubby has a coworker who owns an embroidery machine, perfect. But she recommends that the small wording needed for labels gets lost in the threads. She recommended having them printed and gave me some recommendations. While checking that out, it occurred to me that I have some fabric for printers left from my mom and dad's anniversary quilt sitting in my closet! I get that out, messed around on the computer, and voila! I have labels. And, I can make all kinds, personalized, any size, and any time! Brilliant! So far I have put them into hubby's sleep shorts, won't show pics, but he does know the front from the back now.

The fabric that can be purchased and sent through my printer.


Here are some of the older ones I made with my Pfaff that does lettering and the few I have left from some that mom gave me with my creations at the bottom.


Aren't these the coolest? And now I can take the chains off my brains and create some truely awesome labels. I am so excited.


No comments: