Pages

07 April 2013

Baby dresses and such

It has been a while since I have made baby dresses. Our church is having it's annual auction coming up and I always try to donate a dress or two. Plenty of grandparents in our congregation and who can resist a cute little girl's dress. The fabric was given to me by a church member, she was clearing out and knows how much I sew. These two pieces were small bits, so I had to be a bit creative, but it worked out nice! I added some trim and buttons that I had in my stash of bits and pieces. I really love a simple little dress on a baby girl. 



I also "fixed" a jammie for my grand daughter. The pattern has a ridiculously large opening for the head and it falls off the shoulder. Next time I will adjust the neckline. I had to figure out what to do and came up with this idea. I placed a panel across the V neck opening. I just folded a piece in half, serged the edge and then sewed it in. Hope it works. Such a cute comfy jammie, too nice to not use. 


I am also working on shirts for me. I like a shirt over a T with a skirt, sort of my uniform. I am trying different styles and using "leftover" fabrics to try some styles. I won't use this pattern again, too short for my taste and although it is supposed to fit using the measurements, it's a bit big and boxy for my taste.  It will get used, but it certainly won't be a favorite. 


No comments: