This weekend we are caring for two of the grand dogs. We are so glad to be able to help, but it reminds me, having dogs is a big responsibility, and training them takes a fair bit of time and patience. Full time doggy duty is not for us with our current lifestyle, but I am happy to do a weekend now and again.
Yesterday they got about eight miles in between hubby and me, plus time at the dog park and plenty of back yard exploring and wrestling. We were told that each day at 5 they get a "little" wild. I figured with all the activity they had it would not happen, but when 5 came and they seemed to get stirred up and restless, hubby sent them outside. Then I saw this . . . .
It went on for nearly 20 minutes, back and forth. We have a long skinny yard through the side and back, so they could get some real speed going.
Then they came inside and very quickly went to this . . . .
I guess they wore themselves out, as they laid like this nearly til bedtime.
They are fun dogs, with plenty of entertainment value. They don't really like to walk, they like to trot. A little speedy for this ol' gal, but we do our best. I think I need one of these. . . .
Maybe I will head over and get one, since they are going to soon be "neighbors" and there may be many more opportunities to take them for a trot.

No comments:
Post a Comment