Baby D's apron is an experiment, not sure if it will fit, but along the same lines as the bigger ones. I left off a pocket, as all that would do is catch oatmeal, juice and slobber, not so pleasant to dig that out of a pocket, eh? Yuck. So instead he has a big D on the front with his name embroidered down the side of the D. Since the tie is adjustable, it will probably work. I hope so.

Big brother's has several pockets (as the pattern calls for), a large one divided up and two more above that. You have to look for the middle pocket as I tried to blend it in as much as possible. Not sure why anyone would need that many pockets, especially while cooking but they look cool. I have a feeling my oldest grandson will find many things to put in all those pockets, and all might not be related to cooking.

Then the girls aprons, which are more of a smock with a front and back. They required lining, so took a lot more fabric than the boys. That is one reason Lulu's is lined with a different fabric, which I really like. The letters and pockets on the front of the girls aprons are from their great grandmother's stash that was passed down to their grandmother . . . me! I try to use things like that as much as I can. I think I will be pretty sad when I have run out of the little details that I think add so much more than "cute" to the outfits I make for my "babies".


The boys aprons have ties that I made out of some of the fabric, nice and wide so as it sits on their necks it will be comfortable. The girls have pink with white polka dot grosgrain ribbon for their side ties. Very cute! I also added a little detail on the back of the girls aprons, little hearts with some machine embroidery. Just for fun and so I could practice some new techniques on my new machine. I am beginning to understand the benefits of some of the lining fabrics and such, it keeps the stitches from puckering.


Then I "signed" them with my NUCK label. I like the new way I am doing labels, I think it makes it much more couture! And with all the details, care and time, these are couture, and full of prayers for all my little angels. They are TOOOO cute . . . the babies I mean.

No comments:
Post a Comment