
After quite a few days of work, I have finally finished the birthday present for Lulu, my little granddaughter who is turning four next week. I want to get it into the mail tomorrow, so that she will get it in time for her birthday. When you are four,THE day is a big deal.
I was inspired by a book I found about a little girl named Lulu who was a "ladybug girl" who went on adventures in her back yard. A delightful little story. Since our little one's nick name is Lulu, I just HAD to get the book, then I had the idea to make an outfit for her to pretend she also was a character who would go on adventures. Hubby picked out the fabric and I added the buttons, piping and other details that made the outfit complete. I thought about it for quite a while before settling on the design idea. Our Lulu loves dancing, which is why I wanted a full skirt with black netting underneath so it would fluff out very nicely. A bit like a tutu. The vest came later and then the hair clips, which were fun. I ended up adding ribbons, so it was long and would swing. Lulu has short curly hair, so the long straight ribbons will feel fun and different for her. I can't wait to see a picture of her in her Lulu Ladybug outfit.

No comments:
Post a Comment