
My favorite picture of Lulu. She'd gotten into something she shouldn't have!! Hysterical, it makes me laugh each time I see it, she is fabulous!!
Today is my oldest grand daughter's birthday. I was helping with her older brother during all the excitement of her birth but my son came and got me and I was able to meet her at the hospital when she was only hours old, what a treat. I am completely enamored with newborns, such an amazing and short time. I got to listen to all her secrets from heaven. Newborn babies, fresh from heaven, always have amazing things to say, at least that is my stand on it. I always feel privileged to spend some time with them and imagine all the possibilities for their lives. I don't see my grand children very often, but am always fascinated to see how they grow and mature between each visit. They are marvelous little people. I love being a grandmother.
Today is also a special day in American History and I am watching all the pomp and fanfare as we swear in our new president Barack Obama. People have such high hopes. I hope he will be the "best ever" as we certainly are in a condition that warrants someone with intelligence, diligence, wisdom, foresight, persistence and a willingness to listen to those who might have more knowledge on certain subjects than he. We will all know how this turns out in four years, or in eight years as Lulu flirts with her teenage years! Good luck and God be with you and your family, Mr. President. And thank you, Mr. President.
Love Aretha's HAT!! And the performance of Simple Gifts before the oath of office! How DID they keep their fingers warm, although they were flying!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment