Pages

24 January 2009

The Sparkly Turquiose Princess Dress


I have been working on this dress for quite a while, first mentioned many blogs ago. I intend to donate to our local CASA organization at the Gala coming up in February. It really did take quite a bit of time, as I wanted everything to be as close to perfect as I could get it. It is two layers of fabric and turned out very nice, I am pleased. Once I had it together I ran out to get the silver ribbon to make a sash/belt. I though it needed something and also softens the transition between the bodice and skirt.

I wasn't sure how I would deal with the edge of the sheer fabric, so I encased it in a strip of the under fabric, a nice simple satin. I also did that at the hem of the under fabric so that there was NO stitching showing anywhere on the garment. The side seams are done together because I didn't want the seam allowance showing there either. The zipper is an invisible one, so it really does look very nice.



Here is the inside of the dress with my little NUCK label before I put in the zipper. I think I might come up with a KiddKouture label at some point, as this dress is VERY nicely made, I love it. I take as much care on the inside as I do on the outside. But then I do that on all my stuff, so I guess Nanuts Unique Clothing for Kids says enough.

No comments: