I really liked the way they had the shoulder seams, finishing them and then tying them together. Very cute! Love all the colorful fishies as well.
The hat and back pack were fun to make and I am getting better at making them. The back pack is lined and I used heavy fusible pellon on all the pieces, so it is fairly stiff and sturdy. I think the back pack "needs" some more decoration, so may mess around with ideas and see what comes of it. It would be fun to have a fish, using the ones on the fabric as inspiration.
My hats are getting better and faster. This one is SO cute I wish I was a little kid. Grown ups get funny looks when they wear fun bright colors and I don't know why. I wear as much color as I can, but I think pink and green like that might be too much for an old lady.
The inside of the hat in lined with the fish fabric, with the green fabric lining the brim and dark blue grosgrain ribbon finishing the seam. I hope it fits my little Lulu.
The back pack back!
I made the dress a size five, but am finding my grandchildren are fairly slim and some of the clothes I make I am not able to "slim them down" enough. I am getting better though. This one will be a donation to CASA next year if Lulu doesn't like it for some reason. I had one child who was very particular about clothing and I understand. I like my clothing to feel comfy and sometimes, they just don't!
No comments:
Post a Comment