I find making a muslin sample for fit saves SO much time. I want to make something for my daughter-in-law, who is the only one in the family that I don't make garments for. I have made other things, just not garments. Maybe we can do this, even long distance! That would be cool. Finding the style and fabric may end up being the hardest part.
04 February 2010
muslin sample
I made this to try on my oldest. It is a simple blouse that doesn't need tucked in so she can wear it with the style of skirts I make for her. Simple work clothes! There are two lengths, which is another reason I want to try it on her before I make the final garment. I will also use it for myself, but already know I will have to add more around the hip area. I might even leaves slits at the hip so the fit is less restrictive.


I find making a muslin sample for fit saves SO much time. I want to make something for my daughter-in-law, who is the only one in the family that I don't make garments for. I have made other things, just not garments. Maybe we can do this, even long distance! That would be cool. Finding the style and fabric may end up being the hardest part.
I find making a muslin sample for fit saves SO much time. I want to make something for my daughter-in-law, who is the only one in the family that I don't make garments for. I have made other things, just not garments. Maybe we can do this, even long distance! That would be cool. Finding the style and fabric may end up being the hardest part.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment