Pages

23 March 2013

A DAY, yes a real DAY in the sewing room.

Other than baking a loaf of bread and doing a load of laundry, I got to spend the entire day in the sewing room, about 11 hours total! I enjoyed my time, and got several things ticked off my list, nice. I might have starved to death, but my hubby can take a bunch of odds and ends in the fridge and make a delicious FEAST! YUM!

I made my mom a navy shell.
I made my mom a purple skirt.
I finished a T-shirt that I had started for myself.
I finished a denim skirt for myself as well. 
I hemmed a pair of pants for oldest. 
I hemmed a jacket for oldest.
I hemmed a shirt for oldest.
I altered the shoulder seam for oldest. 
And I made M6121 out of a beautiful organic cotton knit and am afraid my youngest will see it and decide she needs it. 

The following are pictures of all but the mending. Yes, somewhat boring, but it was so good to get these things taken care of. 

 The navy shell. 


This polyester that my mom likes, just doesn't lay the way I like, but looks better than the picture shows. I had to mess around with all sorts of stitch lengths and such to get it this good. 

 I started this little T-shirt weeks ago, nice to have it done. 

 Same with this skirt. 

My COVERLOCK got a tremendous amount of use today. Between that and my serger, I can sew on knits so much easier, and there were lots of stretchy knits sewn today. Here is the detail of it's lovely stitches, so nice. 

 McCalls 6121

 The finished product. NICE! Perfect for yoga. 


What am amazing day. It has been forever (it seems) since I have really had the time to concentrate on sewing and it was good to be able to do that today. I even had time to tidy up and get my next project out. My SIL#1 is having a birthday next so will start on his gift. I also have a couple of patterns for shirts for myself that I want to work on, plus lots of beautiful material that I have all sorts of plans for. I buy for myself each time we go to the fabric store, but also for everyone else, and somehow, everyone else's stuff seems to get made and my beautiful material sits. Hmmmm, maybe time to sew for me? The tricky part there is TIME! Gotta have the time, and today, time was on my side. A nice day. 

No comments: