Pages

25 March 2013

Another DAY!

I got another day in my sewing room, a rare occurrence. I needed a quiet day.   Yesterday I was gone all day and danced at an NBA half time show with about 200 buddies. It takes quite a bit of rehearsal to learn the routine and then a long day to get there, rehearse all the details of the routine and learn how to get on the floor, as well as get OFF before our time was up. It was a fun, yet exhausting day. I have done it a few times before, but I think this was my last time to do this. 

So today was mostly about knits (and my coverlock) with one little woven cotton shell pattern that I wanted to try. I sewed on four knits recently and each one was significantly different. The following pictures show the results.


This is the woven. The fabric was a bit left over from a dress I made for my oldest. I will need to make a red shirt to wear over this, so cute! 

This was left from some jammies I made for the baby girls! Very flimsy and stretchy. The edges would definitely have to be done with some type of interfacing as it just stretched too much going through the coverlock. I can still wear it under jackets. I love the polka dots.

 This simple skirt was with a very nice knit and it shows. 

This knit leftover from the baby girl's jammies as well, is really nice and soft and I have it on right now! I put fun colors in the coverlock, as I had used the black for most of the last five items. I am running out of black thread. I will have to watch for the thread to go on sale, it seems to on a regular basis. 

The detail of the thread colors in the coverlock. 

So TWO days, a Saturday and a Monday in my sewing room, how fun is that? I did stop and run by the library and grocery store, plus hubby wasn't home to make me a lovely meal when I got hungry, so I had to stop and chop up a salad for myself. No "cooking" needed, just a lovely colorful bowl of veggies. 

No comments: