For my mom.
For hubby when he cooks.
Bags for holiday treats.
I have been in the sewing room in fits and starts lately, and I have sure enjoyed it. I have quite a list to take care of in the next few weeks as we will be seeing the grands, a friend has a birthday that I am sewing a gift for, and there are a few other things to take care of. Most are fairly simple, as the above. I can whip these types of things out fairly efficiently if I have time in my little sanctuary filling my tank. Now that I have stepped back from some volunteer positions, and caught up on others, maybe, just maybe the posts on sewing will flow again! As a die hard introvert I need to keep that balance. On the other hand, I can't imagine my life without time with family and friends, that fills me in a different way.
Is there such a thing as a socializing contemplative? That would be me.
This weekend is rodeo, lunch with friends, probably a bit of shopping in town, maybe visiting family, the ballet and one hour less to do it all! Last weekend nearly 7 hours in the cold wind helping at the marathon and the weekend before that dinner with friends, rodeo parade, lots of walking/shopping and the ballet. Next weekend a brother and sister-in-law are in town for my big birthday bash. More fun!
My son got Calvin and Hobbes books for gifts as he grew up. I was thinking about two titles that I remembered. This is what I need.
This is what I get.
It is FUN being me.
BALANCE!


No comments:
Post a Comment