I had a birthday recently. A BIG birthday. Big enough to celebrate more than on just "the" day, although that happened as well. Big enough to celebrate with everyone I love, no matter how long it takes, and it is taking some time. This past weekend I celebrated with a brother and sister-in-law and my youngest and her hubby. We took a cooking school and had FUN and ate GREAT food and enjoyed our time together. So thankful that they take the time to come see us. And we always enjoy our trips to see them!
I also got to have lunch with a dear friend that I only get to see once every couple of years, such a nice treat.
I will be celebrating with the grands, and son soon, then a lunch with my oldest, and then with my mom. I still have my two best buddies to celebrate with, then I think I will be able to wrap up this BIG birthday. It's been fun and am very glad to have gotten where I am. Happy Birthday to ME!
So the FIGHT? Well, I just took a 12 hour self defense class offered by our local sheriff department. I feel empowered and prepared if there were ever a situation that required me to defend myself or someone else that I love. Just like house insurance, you hope to never use it, but there is peace of mind knowing that it is there. I was glad to see the young women in the class, getting ready to go off to college. I hope they will remember what they learned about lowering their chances of ever being in a situation that would invite some unwanted attention. Awesome class, every woman should take it.
22 March 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment