My own personal National Sewing Month has begun. One thing to look forward to at this time of year (the dog days of summer, which Texas is happily sharing with the rest of the nation) is to STAY IN and SEW! Moms and Dads are getting the kiddos organized for school, shopping and running off on last minute vacations. Work folks are gearing up for a busy fall. Football is on the minds of many, and I am sure stores are rummaging around in back for their Christmas trees. But for me . . . . SEWING!
First, I did have to get the back to school box sent off to the grand children with some back to school cookies. This is one of my favorite designs, a sand dollar. I also packed some for my brother, some for a new neighbor, some for a friend and some for my oldest who is coming to visit tomorrow. That took a while. Then there was laundry, clearing out stuff we didn't want any more, errands, grocery and reading a book from the library to get done before it is due.
Cookies ready to pack up.
But I did get some sewing done.
I figured out how to get the dent out of my fascinator base.
I also decided what I might want to do with
the beautiful purple linen I got at the ASG conference.
First I practiced with paper.
Then I practiced with fabric.
Turned out pretty well. I think I will use the design on the front of the book as well, and fabricate some leaves. Not sure how I will apply them to the dress, but I do know they will trail down and be different sizes. For now I will need to pre-wash the fabric, make a few and applique them on. Wash them to see how they will hold up and pick buttons!
Didn't get much done, but at least got started on my personal August Sewing Retreat.
Tomorrow it is Gare Bear Day! Fun for Grandmother and Grandfather. I am sure I will get something done in the sewing room at some point. We'll see. Wouldn't miss our time with the G-man for anything. Growing like a weed!
No comments:
Post a Comment