Pages

12 August 2015

August 12 - Dress Form and Dress Shirt

I wasn't sure I would want to be in the sewing room today, so didn't plan anything. But, after a great check up at the doctor and a lovely lunch with hubby I thought I would head in there and see what I might do. First thing I did was to pad my dress form so it was a better reflection of my shape. When I put the twin set on it, it showed a big difference in the fit and I am very happy with what I learned at the ASG conference on fitting the dress form. Nice. 


I decided I might as well try the PerfectFuse LIGHT interfacing on a shirt for hubby. He wants a dress shirt to wear his cuff links with, as most all of his have buttons and he enjoys wearing his links. So I was able to cut out the shirt and fuse the collar and collar band. I will do the cuffs and down the front band tomorrow. I do enjoy making men's shirts and since I have a book that goes into all the details that are tricky, it is a fairly satisfying effort. I sure do like the idea that they fit nicely and are well made. Shirts are tricky. They look simple, but they are NOT! 





No comments: