Pages

20 November 2008

My beautiful daughterS (yes plural)


My dream, having grown up with four brothers, was to have GIRLS, plural girls. I have nothing against boys, after all some of my favorite people are boys/men and I love them to bits, but for some reason, when I was pregnant for the third time, having had a daughter and a son, I couldn't help having a bit of a hope/wish for a girl. I didn't pray for one, that was for health, but something inside of me wanted to be able to say I had daughters. I had my kids "back in the olden days" when we didn't know until they were born if they were a girl or a boy. I have noticed that after years of finding out the sex, folks are getting back to enjoying the surprise! Being able to "look inside" may have it's advantages, but come on, there is something amazing about everything that happens on a birthday, and the boy/girl surprise is a dimension that I truly enjoyed. I had the first granddaughter for my parents, after five grandsons, all of whom were and are precious and special, but I had the GIRL! I helped with the BALANCE. My brothers have only had boys and their sons have only had boys, now where would the world be if that trend continued? Yeah for GIRLS. Plus, girls really ARE more fun to sew for.

No comments: