Pages

21 November 2008

The Crib


This small crib was used in the 50's when my husband was a baby, it was painted but I am not sure what color. It is smaller than a regular crib and only used the first few months. We used if for our third, not sure why we didn't get it until later, and we painted it yellow. When grandchildren came along we offered it and decided it needed a "face lift" so went down to the bare wood and finished it natural. I got a new mattress for it and made a waterproof pad and sheets as well as the dust ruffle and bumper pads. As I made the bedding, the prayers were for every little child that would spend time in it in the future. May each child they lays in this crib have blessings beyond imagination. May they have a safe and fruitful life and find happiness and joy in all that they do.

No comments: