I have all my sewing put away, well, most of it. With my youngest at home there is some fitting to be done and also checking through patterns I have accrued. I love it when the fabric stores have 99 cent patterns, I can get 10 for $10 and that is a great bargain when they can cost from $11 to $25 and more! So I have more than I need, but there are lots of good techniques and ideas that are valuable. I want to eventually create my own patterns and become extremely skillful at making beautiful, well crafted clothing. I have noticed there are no nice blouse patterns for little girls from sizes 2-6. Plenty of jumpers and dresses, but no blouses, so if I ever run across any, I will hang on to them.
I am excited about all my projects being put away as the house will be full of people I love and don't get to see very often. Worth not sewing for a week and I will be refreshed and ready to make new messes once they leave. I don't decorate for holidays, I would rather use that time and energy for purposeful creativity. I also DO NOT like all the cleaning up and putting away at the end, it brings on feelings I don't like, as if something is over or ending, and doing that in the winter does not have a positive affect on my mood, so I just let everyone else mess with that. We are going to several parties in Dec. so we will see lots of decorations. Festive, yes, but worth it in my home, NO! I like to focus on what Christmas is really about, those twelve days between Christmas and Epiphany. THAT is Christmas, THIS is Advent. Prepare in your heart, not your home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment