Pages

20 November 2008

My turn to sew for a wedding



30 years later, I had the opportunity to do the same thing and made my daughters bridesmaid's dresses as well. It was a bit tricky as the girls were all out of town, so I had to keep things VERY simple and elastic was involved! The splash of color, if not the style was what we were looking for and they did lend that splash of color. I made the wedding dress from the same pattern as her senior prom dress. We knew back then that the pattern was a keeper. I had to make adjustments to the tea length dress pattern. There were several layers down the back . I did end up doing a second version of the back, but used the material from the first version for the ring bearers outfits and the flower girls dress. The material was on sale and we were pleased that the bridesmaid's dresses were less than $15 each and the wedding dress ended up costing less than $100 in materials! Hours of prayer and love, but not in $$$

No comments: