Pages

14 July 2012

THE grand experiment - the cuff

The cuff. The part of the shirt that is "out there" and everyone sees, including the one wearing the shirt. Pretty important, eh?

Like the collar, this piece curves, so the lining is cut one eighth inch shorter on each end than the outside piece. I pinned each end and used the same technique on the cuff that I used on the collar.

Here you can clearly see the puckering on the outside of the collar. Once it is curved around the wrist it will lay flat.


The collar is only sewn along the edge that will be the bottom edge of the finished shirt. The side seams will happen AFTER it is attached to the sleeve.


Here it is attached to the sleeve, but the sides have not been sewn up yet. This is done just like the collar stand was done. I didn't take pictures nor will I describe. Once is enough!



This is the finished sleeve. Pretty cool how the sun shines through the fabric so you can see exactly where I trimmed it and where I left the seam allowance. Just like the book suggested. It has a narrow top stitching the same at the collar stand.

SUCCESS!

No comments: