Some guys like NO pockets, some guys like ONE pocket and some guys like TWO pockets. I can do it all!!
Since all the rest of the pockets will be made from the pattern, I pulled off the first pocket and made a second from the pattern to apply two matching pockets to the front of the shirt. Yeah, there you go me! Wonder how much TIME I have spend on this shirt? Good grief.
The back side of the pocket. I did a slight turn under and after doing the sides, turned it right side out and pressed the seams, top stitching on the right side to anchor the facing. The facing matches the bottom angle.
To avoid puckering the edges, I sew from one piece of fabric onto the edge of the pocket. Little trick, nice trick, neat trick. I have marked the angle that I need to follow with my little iron off pen. Got that pen at the quilt fest, sure will need a new one when this one runs out. It is genius!
Ready to be applied.
Measuring the precise placement from measurements from the original shirt. I used a close edge stitching like I did on the collar stand, NOT a quarter inch. I did reinforce the top edge of the pockets in the traditional way.
SUCCESS!
No comments:
Post a Comment