Pages

17 August 2014

August 17 - All About Buttons and Holes

I was thinking today would be a construction day, but while basting the lining to the jacket front in preparation for that, I decided I would rather make the button holes BEFORE construction the jacket. Easier to handle. I also worked out a very nice way to do this inside, taking a bit more time, but the inside of the button hole will look very nice on the lining side and nothing will peek through. I spent pretty much all day and have TWO finished button holes to show for it. 

I did stitch down the stay tape and audition buttons as well as sewing a practice button hole, plus tidied up, as I sure can make a mess on my sewing table. 


Auditioning buttons from a stash my mom left me. 
I decided on the bottom ones. 



 My practice button hole, nice. 

 Some times you have to stop and tidy up! 

 The first two button holes finished. 

What the inside will look like under the lining. 
I sewed the edges to the back of the buttonhole. 

No comments: