Pages

24 August 2014

August 23 - Pockets and Trim Audition

10 hours of sewing today. I was able to make two pockets (two hours per!) and also finish up all the inside lining except for around the arm holes. That cannot be stitched until the sleeves are attached. That will be an interesting step, still feeling insecure, but will plunge ahead when the time comes. 

I also pick stitched just inside the inside lining to prevent the lining from ever creeping up and peeking out. I had done some pick stitching to insert a zipper. I am a pick stitch fan. 

 The smaller of the two pockets. 

 Auditioning the pockets and trim. The buttons will be replaced after a trip to my favorite fabric store in town. I just have those to get a more complete look. 


Wanting to see what it would look like when worn. Still a bit rough looking, but still has pins, basting and hasn't been pressed. 

No comments: