Today was a good day in the sewing room. Got stuff done.
Inside of buttonholes - done!
Prepped to stitch lining.
Outside of right front with lining basting showing through.
Inside of basted jacket.
Outside front of basted jacket.
Basted back of jacket.
Tomorrow, I hope to steam set seams and machine sew the seams, then hand stitch the lining and steam the hem and facings. We'll see. I never am sure how much progress I will make, I have put in 42 hours so far. No wonder these jackets went for the big bucks. Of course I am a complete rookie, going VERY slowly and carefully, double checking the construction process and still making mistakes that need undoing. Most have not been that big of a problem and I am leaning a lot along the way, AND enjoying the whole experience. Plus I should have a really nice jacket when all is said and done, whenever that will be.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment