Pages

27 August 2014

August 27 - Sleeve construction

Oh, what a day. The sleeve seems like it is kicking my butt even more than the body of the jacket. Is there no end to the challenges of making a "Chanel" jacket?  Basting, steaming, basting, setting, basting, stitching, the steps seem endless. YET, each step is worth the time and effort, absolutely. So worth the time and effort. 

After sewing the seams of the fabric and lining together (except for the outside seam which will be after the cuff and button holes are done) I had to figure out the interlining. It wasn't cut to the final size, which in my mind it should have been, so trimming was needed. 




This pictures shows the trim applied, the interlining basted in and all the other steps that seem to go on and on. That is about six hours of work right there. I will be sewing the button holes through the fabric AND lining rather than how the front was done, as the inside won't show. That is how it is in the instructions. Actually the inside of my hand bound button holes are pretty nice, I would show them to anyone. 


I also finished the second two pockets. 

Right now I am at over 84 hours. 

No comments: