
Lots of sales and coupons available this time of year at the fabric stores. They are getting things cleared out for inventory, so I took advantage and picked out something special for another CASA donation. I wanted a deep pink, every little girls favorite, but there wasn't enough of the sparkly fabric, so decided on turquoise. I think it will turn out just fine. Not sure when I will get started, but am excited about working with such lovely fabric.
Another exciting development is my local fabric store will be moving closer to my home. They are in a building that is too small. Since the popularity of sewing has increased, much to my delight and benefit, they are needing a larger space. The economy might also have had an impact, as I am sure it is less expensive (and WAY more fun) to make something special than to go out and find something ready made. Yes, I could have probably found a pirate costume for about the same I spent on the fabric and notions to make one, but the quality wouldn't even come close. Plus, many more prayers are said during the making of an outfit, so the benefits cannot be measured. Plus, I enjoyed the process. I do enjoy sewing.
No comments:
Post a Comment