

I made this jacket out of fabric that was purchased at the fabulous downtown fabric store that I love to visit. The fabric is sold in four yards pieces and each is hand painted so each is unique. Generally the fabric is purchased and the store then sews the dress for the client using a simple sheath dress pattern. Many of the little ladies in the store are Asian and teeny tiny. I am NOT. So when she came to explain to us, as we were looking over the huge selection, I then ask if it were OK for me to purchase and do my own thing. I got the impression that was not a very common request. They had a "buy one, get one free" sale, so I picked this deep purple and also a green. This one was painted completely different than the green one. It took me a while to decide what to do with it, as there wasn't enough for a dress. I was SO scared to cut into it, but hubby just kept saying "do it!", so I finally did. It is a simple vogue pattern and I made a white shell and lavender wide leg pants to complete the outfit. I also bought some silver strappy sandals and wear my silver Rennie MacKintosh designed jewelry. I have worn it several times this season and feel very "festive" in it. I love the sparkles.
No comments:
Post a Comment