
My Uncle as a young child.

A little note between my Uncle and my Grandmother.
I did some sewing yesterday and when I sew, I think and I pray. I just learned that my nephew's x-wife is remarried and recently had a baby boy who's middle name is Vernon. So yesterday, my Uncle Vern was on my mind all day. I remember when I was little thinking he was the most handsome man I knew, and he had the sweetest heart of all my Uncles, he was so gentle and quiet, and even as a child I had a great appreciation for his spirit. Funny what we remember as children. I went for quite a number of years without seeing him and when I did finally have a chance for a visit at a large family function, I found myself with tears in my eyes remembering and missing him. It is sometimes very hard to be far from loved ones. One year for Christmas he brought me a stuffed yellow poodle, or at least that is what I remember. I loved that yellow poodle, mostly because of who brought it to me. I only remember two other gifts that really got me excited as I was growing up, at least those given at Christmas time, my black light and my first sewing machine. I remember my red bike, I was 5 or 6, but I don't think it was a Christmas gift. That one I liked a lot and still remember trying to learn how to ride as I practiced up and down the street in front of our house. I had a lot of fun adventures on that bike. My first taste of freedom!!I could go anywhere!!!
Anyway, yesterday I got the zipper into the lavender princess dress, finished up a turtle neck and a pinafore and worked some on the dress that goes under the pinafore. Today I hope to finish the dress and continue working on my son-in-laws Christmas shirt.
No comments:
Post a Comment