Pages

03 June 2009

Our meditation garden

I have recently made some prayer ribbons. At least that is what I call them. I used my new fancy, machine to write prayers on long strips of fabric and hang them in the garden. The prayers are caught up by the wind. I like the idea of them being out in the open air all the time. The prayer may have been said once, but it is forever out to heal, encourage or strengthen not only the one who was prayed for, but the person who prayed the prayer. I believe prayer changes the pray-er as much as the one prayed for. So our lovely garden has taken on a new dimension and moved even more into a meditation garden. A lovely place to take a stroll, to listen to the birds and our little fountain, and rest in the blessings of nature. It will be interesting to see how the ribbons of fabric wear in the outdoors. I have little bells on the ends of some of them, and they make a tiny little tinkling sound when the wind blows just right.



No comments: