I finished up my little plaid shirt dress and really like it. Looks much fresher than the old one, but then it is new after all. The fabric is very linen like, but I don't think it is linen, although it might be. Kinda wish I knew. It washes nicely but wrinkles fairly easily, but that is OK. I am going to use the same pattern to make a dress with a dragonfly motif, and has a very specific design. Ambre maybe it is called. I cut out the skirt and have to decide how to do the bodice. I have four different options in the pictures below and like the first the best. I learned this trick when I quilted. You take a picture to see value and pattern placement. It is easier to make a choice when you can step back and see the way it will look when finished.
My new shirt dress along with the old one.
No comments:
Post a Comment