Pages

04 August 2013

August 4

Today, I finished a simple tunic that I started a while back. I was sewing for my friend and needed a starting point. We are the same size through the shoulders and so I used some fabric that I had laying around, to mess around with fit. It is cute, I am sure I will get some use out of it, especially around the house. One "extra" thing I did was to add some darts in the back to make it fit a bit more closely to the body instead of just hanging straight in the back. 



I also started a red shirt last night, getting all the threads and pressing the tissue pieces and sorting out which style I would make. It is amazing how much time it takes to get things organized for a new project. This shirt was a very fitted shirt, following my curves. The front even had different sizes for bust size. Very cool. Here you can see I also lengthened the shirt about an inch. It feels more like a jacket with the cotton I used. 


You can see it over the earlier shell I made in a red, white and blue butterfly pattern.  

Here is the back. You can see the style lines that give the shirt it's form. Nice. 

Now, what is next? I haven't decided yet, but I have some good ideas! 

No comments: