Pages

31 August 2013

August 31

My last day to sew for myself in August. Certainly NOT my last day to sew for myself, though. Too much fun to experiment, use fabrics that I have been looking at and imagining using for so long, and some new skills I have practiced. It was fun to work with wool, knits and of coarse I love my cottons, but I was able to work with some extra little techniques and embellishments. It's been fun.  

So the last of the batch from today.  

 A little shell to wear under a shirt.

 A little shirt to wear over a shell.

I got the buttons on my new favorite dress! 

I will be doing hand sewing on the wool jacket and dress this evening. I doubt I will finish today, but that is OK. 

And since it is me (Miss List!) I have to note what August added to my closet!

1 black wool dress
1 black wool jacket
1 mauve silk dress
2 lovely flowey jackets
1 silky top
1 Retro dress
3 shirt waist dresses
3 cotton shirts
2 shells
1 long sleeve T
3 short sleeve Ts
3 T-shirt (knit) dresses
2 leggings for working out. 

This was an experiment/challenge I set for myself and despite all that went on this month, I think the focus on sewing (and praying) got me through. I am very grateful for my faith, my family and the gifts that the Lord has given me. 

No comments: